COVID 19 Protocols at Christ the King
Welcome Christ the King Family and Visitors! We understand during this season, some of you are comfortable attending in person services while others may choose to view the live 10:15 service on Facebook at Christ the King Anglican Church. Or it may be viewed on our YouTube Channel, Christ the King Ocala, on Sunday afternoons.
We continue to monitor and track the CDC guidelines for communities of faith. To ensure the safety of our church family, we have been following the procedures listed below.
- Masks are required for the 5:30 pm service. We have face masks available at the Welcome Center.
- Entryway doors are open for you to minimize contact.
- The church bulletins have been placed on a table in the center of the narthex. Please continue to pick them up as you enter the sanctuary.
- We have three hand sanitizing stations; the first one is easily accessible on the wall as you enter the church. Another can be found on the wall at the top of the stairs. The third one is in the Wiggle Room.
- There is no passing of the plate. Please feel free to place your tithe in the offering plate on the center aisle or by the rear of the church.
- Choose your seat and please feel free to socially distance.
- During the passing of the Peace, you are encouraged to use “jazz hands, elbow or fist bumps” or hug as you are led based on comfort levels.
- At Communion time, the Eucharist will be instructed by the priest and placed in your hand. If you prefer only the Host, please let the priest know.
- Dismissal time: please be considerate of those who do not want to be touched or hugged. Simply ask before you do!
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you think or know you tested positive for COVID-19, please do not return to the church until you test negative for this virus.
Additional tips and information to help keep our congregation and guests safe.
Children’s Ministry COVID-19 Protocol
- In-person nursery is offered for infants to age 3 from 9 am – 12 pm during the 10:15 am Worship Service. Contactless temperatures may be taken as a precaution.
- Parents will be able to choose whether their child will be given hand-sanitizer or wash their hands upon sign-in.
- Nursery staff will sanitize all toys and commonly touched items before and after each Sunday.
- Nursery staff will wear gloves when dealing with food or overly interacting with children.
- The “wiggle room” in the back of the sanctuary is thoroughly cleaned weekly and available to parents to utilize during the 8:00 am, 10:15 and 5:30 pm services.
- In-person Children’s Church takes place in rooms A and B for ages 3 through 5th grade during the 10:15 am Worship Service.
- All teachers and children will apply hand sanitizer at the entrance and exit of classrooms.
- All children will sit “socially distanced” in classrooms, and all activities will avoid contact.
- Rooms are thoroughly and professionally cleaned weekly.
- Volunteers dealing with food will wear gloves.
- The wearing of face masks or shields by staff, teachers and children are encouraged, but not required.
Youth Ministry Covid 19 Update
At this time, all youth meetings will be held on Zoom on Wednesdays at 7pm. Please contact Matthew MacKenzie, Youth Minister at email@example.com for the appropriate login information.
It is our hope to begin in person meetings August 12 with safety protocols in place. We will update you at that time. Thank you for your continued support. God bless you.
Published: July 15, 2020